Effectively create, manage and store your equipment logbooks with elogbook software
Online Logbook Software
Equipment logbooks are used to track and maintain information about specific equipment or assets. It serves as a comprehensive record of the equipment’s usage, maintenance, repairs, inspections, and any other relevant information. The logbook helps organizations ensure the proper management and maintenance of their equipment, promoting efficiency, safety, and compliance with regulations. SOPs define the procedure for issuance, handling, making entries, and review of instrument/ equipment logbook.
According to the GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) manufacturers must maintain proper documentation and records throughout their production process other than the batch records, which includes logbooks. Proper documentation helps to understand the complete manufacturing processes which are necessary for future reference. Regulatory inspectors spend their maximum time in examining the company’s various documentation and records. Effective documentation reflects quality of company production.
Manufacturing companies faces several challenges when they make use of manual paper-based logbooks:
- Manual recording is difficult for equipment calibration, maintenance, cleaning, operation usage, logs with manual paper-based method
- Insufficient logs of equipment maintenance, calibration, cleaning, operation logs
- Manual data entry in logbook leads to reduce productivity, irrelevant data entry, errors, deviation, batch running time mismatch etc.
- Tracking of paper-based logbooks are very complicated & time taken process
- Physical logbook needs proper review, as written details are as per ALCOA or not. This activity consumes many hours of production personals to do it effectively and as per SOP’s. If any correction is there in filled logbook, then it’s very lengthy process to make it correct. As per SOP, the person must put authorized sign & date along with the appropriate reason on prepared document for changes in Logbook. This whole process becomes a headache for users. Hence, elogbook is required.
Process XE’s Electronic equipment logbook
An electronic equipment logbook refers to a digital or computerized version of a traditional equipment logbook. It utilizes electronic devices, such as computers, tablets, or specialized software, to record and manage equipment-related information. Electronic equipment logbooks offer several advantages over paper-based logbooks, including easier data entry, improved search ability, automated reminders, and enhanced data analysis capabilities. They allow for efficient tracking of equipment usage, maintenance activities, repairs, inspections, and other relevant details. equipment elogbooks also facilitate the integration of data with other systems, such as maintenance management software or asset tracking systems.
Process XE equipment eLogbook is Sarjen System’s total solution to alters manual paper-based logbook into electronic Equipment Logbook with efficient equipment tracking & automates cleaning, maintenance, and calibration management records. It streamlines the time-consuming nature of manual recording-keeping, including the hassle of finding a pen and the frustration of paper signoffs. You can enable quick review and approval of equipment status, as well as implement electronic signature verification and approval with ensuring compliance with regulatory such as 21 CFR part 11, Eu Annex 11 for better experience to our clients on shopfloor.
Process XE Equipment Logbook automate shop floor by managing Area & Equipment’s operational usage, cleaning status, breakdown logs, clearance logs, preventive maintenance, calibration records, and many other equipment details log.
Benefits of eLogbook Software
- Prevent incorrect usage of equipment
- Eliminate paper usage logs and save time generating, completing and reviewing usage logs
- Have complete traceability in an electronic history, with filtering for the specific information requested (e.g., to give to an auditor)
- Maintain your process in a controlled and therefore validated state
The right Equipment eLogbook
- A simple & operator friendly Interface
- Flexibility to model any equipment such as rooms, booths, weigh balances & machines
- Equipment logbook lifecycle management – create, review, approve & version control
- Tracking of operation usage of equipment as well as area
- Seamless integration with EBR
- Clear visibility of equipment status & improved decision making
- Electronic signatures for authentication of activity
- Audit trails for data integrity
Different logs Process XE Records:
- Area usage logs
- Equipment operation Logs
- Equipment maintenance Logs
- Area/Equipment cleaning Logs
- Equipment calibration logs
- Area/Equipment breakdown logs
- portable equipment logs
- Accessories cleaning logs
Key elements included in an elogbook:
Each entry in the logbook should include the equipment’s unique identification, such as serial number, model number, or asset tag, to accurately identify the equipment being documented.
The logbook should capture details about when and how the equipment was used, including dates, times, locations, and the purpose of usage. This information helps track equipment utilization and assess its performance.
It is crucial to document all maintenance activities, including routine maintenance, repairs, and servicing. This includes recording the date, type of maintenance performed, parts replaced, and the name or ID of the personnel responsible for the task. This information aids in tracking the equipment’s service history, identifying recurring issues, and scheduling future maintenance.
Regular inspections and tests are necessary to ensure equipment safety and compliance. The logbook should include records of inspections, including the inspection date, findings, and any actions taken. This helps demonstrate that the equipment meets required standards and can identify potential issues or risks.
If the equipment requires calibration or certifications, the logbook should contain details of calibration dates, results, and certificates. This helps ensure the equipment’s accuracy and compliance with standards.
In the event of equipment malfunctions, breakdowns, accidents, or incidents, it is important to document the details in the logbook. This includes the nature of the incident, actions taken, repairs performed, and any follow-up measures.
To maintain accountability and ensure accurate record-keeping, it is common practice to have users and authorized personnel sign and approve logbook entries. This provides a verification trail and helps establish responsibility.
Logbook equipment can vary depending on the organization and industry. Some organizations use physical logbooks, while others prefer digital or electronic systems for logging and managing equipment information. The choice of logbook format often depends on factors such as the volume of equipment, ease of data retrieval, regulatory requirements, and internal processes.
Whether using equipment elogbooks, online logbook software, or machine logbooks, the aim is to efficiently capture, organize, and utilize equipment-related data. These digital solutions provide improved accessibility, accuracy, and analysis capabilities, streamlining equipment management processes and enhancing overall operational efficiency.
Overall, a logbook equipment serves as a valuable tool for tracking and managing equipment-related information, promoting maintenance best practices, ensuring compliance, and supporting efficient equipment utilization.
Sarjen system’s Equipment eLogbook is well suited to keep equipment records in electronic form. Quality Control (QC) labs are also adopting this solution of Sarjen system in order to maintain their logbooks electronically. If you would like to discuss how your business can get more benefit through Sarjen system Equipment Logbook, contact us.